Finally my beginner art journal tutorial part 2 is ready for you. In this tutorial I talk about paints, show you which ones I use (start with whatever you have in your cupboard) and I show you basic techniques to get you started using paint, paint, glorious paint in your art journal.
Materials and Equipment List
(For a full list of recommended supplies for beginner art journaling supplies or advanced art journaling recommendations click on the pages tab above labelled art supply lists.
- Art journal (I am using and recommend A4 size) See art journals from LuLuArt here.
- Scissors Tim Holtz has designed some great scissors, they are on my wishlist.
- Paint: I used white, violet, Dina Wakley Turquoise, Dina Wakley Tangerine, Dina Wakley Magenta, Dyan Reavely fresh lime, Dyan Reavely Vibrant Turquoise, Lumiere gold, Ceramcoat Santa’s Flesh
- Stencils: I used Tim Holtz – Wild Flower
- Foam brush
- Stencil brush
- Paintbrush (anything), try these great ones
- Black Gel pen: Signo
- Scrap paper to protect your work station (it can be very messy lol)
- Hair dryer
- Paper towel
- Paint palette (I use a white china side plate)
- Printables: Find them here
- Vintage dictionary pages, this vintage paper collage pack is great value or this vintage ephemera on Madeit.
- Apron/art smock